The Eleventh Floor is home to Ida Mayfield. It houses five rooms and two large closets. The emerald number 3 was found using clues from the Eleventh Floor.
Animated Scene From Official WebsiteEdit
- Room With Arcade Games
- Picture Caption: "Time seemed to be moving very slowly"
- Animation: Pinball machine flashing "High Score".
- 770 - On the underside on an overturned arcade machine
- 90 - There are 5 bills on the table next to the iron - 4 twenties and a ten.
- 1 - Framed $1.00 bill on the wall of the bedroom
- 89 - Price tag on the icebox
- 1.99 - Price tag on toaster
- 3.99 - Price tag on microwave oven
- 50 - coinage required for sideways arcade machine
- Stolen Item From Another Floor: The Burpy Bear lunchbox from the Eighth Floor is visible in the main room. There is also a magnifying glass on top of the toaster oven near the arcade games, but the missing magnifying glass from the First Floor has been identified as being on the Third Floor.
- Missing Item Found On Another Floor: The missing zucchini might be on the First Floor. But it seems more likely that the zucchini (from 1983) is in a jar lying on a shelf on the Eighth Floor (with a greenish leak underneath).
- Pink Doughnuts: There is a large pile of pink doughnuts on the living room floor.
- Snake: The open dresser drawer is full of toy (?) snakes.
- Cereal: Ida says "I was in that pile, organizing my collection of empty cereal boxes, when it happened."
- Cleaning: Many mops, cleaning products, duster clustered near tv collection.
- Clocks: Big collection on shelves against a wall. No clear indication of time.
- Ladder: Kitchen chair has ladder back?
- Leak: Flooded bathroom is leaking out the window of the apartment.
Other Items of InterestEdit
"FOT" on the pinball machine stands for "Friends of Tom." A reference to the Best Show on WFMU hosted by Tom Scharpling, who enjoys playing pinball.
State - Highway - MileEdit
A copy of The Clock Without a Face can be seen on the Fifth Floor. Residents Vera Mazel & Josie Grey are self-described puzzle people. When discussing the book, Vera asks for help saying that she had found the state and the mile, but can't find the highway. This has lead to the speculation that each buried number can be found by deducing a state, highway, and mile for each floor using clues found on each floor. The following section can be used for documenting any speculation as to which state, mile, and highway to which this floor may hint.
- Washington -- The framed $1 above the bed is a portrait of George Washington.
- Gary, Indiana is mentioned in the story text.
- Illinois - The letters "FOT" on the pinball machine taken as their alphabetical position would be 6 15 20. The zip code 61520 is in Canton, Illinois.
- Georgia - The "770" on the bottom of the overturned arcade machine could refer to the area code 770, which is in Georgia.
- I-90 -- The $90 on the ironing board refers to I-90.
- 89 -- The price tag that doesn't make sense as a price tag.
Emerald Number FoundEdit